My kids are 9, 7 and 5 and I do, at time, miss those teeny, tiny baby snuggles and that teeny, tiny baby smell- but since kids do grow, and we cannot do anything about it, you may we well roll with the punches and enjoy each stage your kids are in. Each stage has it’s pros and it’s cons for sure! So for all of my mommy friends that have teeny babies and are afraid of them growing, I am here to say “it’s ok!”, there is an upside to your kids growing. Here are ten benefits to your kids getting older:
1. They sleep through the night (most nights).
2. They can feed themselves, clean up their plates AND even wash the dishes if you wanted (maybe not that great, but the do an ok job).
3. They can clean their own rooms.
4. They can wipe their own bums.
5. They can dress themselves.
6. You can understand them and they can understand you (no trying to decipher difficult cries).
7. They can do things for you that you don’t want to do, like get the mail or feed the dog or match socks.
8. They can actually fun to hang out with.
9. They are pretty funny.
10. If you give them a tablet, you could literally not see them for the entire day (not that I would do that or anything. No. Never. Not me.)
So, don’t rush through any stage, try and enjoy each moment- but don’t be afraid of your kids growing, because it can actually be a good thing!